The root system is very similar to the Administrator system found on the Windows system. Just as the admin has higher powers than the normal user (the user), the same applies to the Linux system that Android devices rely on. Thus, the root in Android is equivalent to the admin in Windows in terms of permissions and permissions.
Benefits of the root
Rooting methods and applications differ from one device to another, and here are some of the general benefits of rooting:
- Some applications and programs cannot be used on the mobile unless the device is rooted to take the authority to use some of the programs.
- The ability to apply for screen recording programs with video (animated images)
- The possibility of raising the voice of the mobile phone higher than the limit available in the sound system available to the average user
- Reducing the screen brightness from the minimum allowed for the average user of the device or increasing it above the maximum.
- The possibility of increasing the speed of the processor.
- Remove an essential system program.
- Modification of basic mobile files.
As for the harms of rooting to the user of the device, it exposes itself to the following things:
- Loss of device warranty and warranty by the manufacturer.
- The user is unable to undo the process, which causes him to lose the original system of the mobile.
- He is deprived of the protection system provided by mobile phone manufacturers, such as Samsung, Infinix, Huawei, and others.
- The possibility of damaging the mobile system due to the addition or removal of programs.
- The possibility of damaging the processor if you try to increase its speed.
- The possibility of damaging the phone's reputation by trying to raise or lower the volume beyond the limit available to the average user.
The difference between root and jailbreak
Some believe that root is the same as Jail Break. This is a mistake. Because jailbreak in Apple phones and iPhones, it allows its user to download applications that are not licensed by Apple, and are not available in its store.
What are the basics of rooting in Android devices?