If you search for the number of words that a blog post or article should contain, you will find all kinds of answers on the Internet, ranging from 300 words to 2500 words in one article, but does that not seem a bit vague?
- In fact, there is no specific number of words in a single article. Rather, this matter is not determined by the author of the article, but by the competing blogs, that is, the articles that occupied the first page in the search results for the same keyword.
How many words are in a perfect blog post:
Let's take a simple example of that, and let's say, for example, that you want to write an article about "the best foods for pregnant women" To know the number of words needed in the article, follow these steps:
- Enter the search box and type the search phrase 'best food for pregnant women'
- Then enter all or some of the articles that appeared on the first page of the search results and count the number of words in each article
- Select the article with the largest number of words, say 1,100 words
- This means that your article must have more than 1,100 words.
And that leads us to another question, How will I quickly count the number of words in each article?
Add word counter on Chrome:
Of course, you will not manually count the number of words in each article, but there are several free tools to do this, just enter the Google Chrome extension market and search for (word counter) and it will show you many extensions that calculate the number of words you can choose one of them, either If you want a specific addition, use (Word counter plus).
- After installing the extension on the Chrome browser, go to the page where you want to count the number of words, select the entire content of the page, then right-click on any specific place on the page and choose Word Counter plus, a window will appear with the number of words and other information that does not interest us.
- It may happen that you encounter some sites, especially Arabic, that prevent the selection and copying feature, which makes the process of calculating the number of words automatically difficult, so you have to calculate manually in the following way:
- Calculate the number of lines in the post, then multiply it by the average number of words per line, and you will get an approximate number of words in the post.
- You can also use this tool while writing your article, every time you want to know the number of words, press Ctrl + A to select all and then use the extension to determine the number of words.
Why is the number of words in an article important for SEO?
In fact, no one knows exactly the criteria and algorithms by which search engines are programmed, so as not to be circumvented, but at the same time, Google gives us a set of instructions that help us improve appearance in search results, there is no explicit mention of the impact of the number of words, but there are some tips Which can be translated as many words, including:
- The article should provide a comprehensive description of a topic: that is, an overview of all the elements and questions arising from the topic, and this is not in a few words. For example, if you want to write an article about why ice floats on water, you need to explain several things such as the molecular structure of ice and Hydrogen bonding and then explaining the law of buoyancy and others, the answer to all the questions that may come to the reader's mind can only be with an article with a large number of words.
- Inclusion of a greater number of keywords: We all know the importance of keywords in SEO, and therefore increasing the number of words in the article means increasing the keywords, but rather targeting several keywords in one article, for example, if you wrote an article entitled “Why the color of the sky is blue” you can You add a subheading at the end of the article “Why does the sky tend to turn red at sunset” which is a search term other than the main keyword in the title and this will increase the number of visits.
- A larger number of words gives more confidence in the article: according to the analysis of specialists, the majority of visitors do not read the entire article, but rather browse it in search of the information they are looking for in the titles and images, and they may keep the article link in order to return to it again or share it with others, all of these factors give indications To search engines that the article is of high quality.
How to increase the number of words without affecting the quality of the article :
I want to focus on this point on a very common mistake in Arabic content, which is to lengthen the article by lengthening the introduction, and this is a factor that strongly affects the reader’s interaction with the information provided, and he may close the page immediately if he finds excessive filling, or he may go directly to search for the information that is presented He searches for it without reading the article or part of it, and this affects the evaluation of the content by search engines.
Increasing the number of words is by going into details, not by getting too many generalities
Going into the details gives the reader a positive impression full of confidence about the author, which encourages him to continue reading on the one hand and share the article with others on the other hand, which will raise the quality of the article in search engines, but how do I find the details I am looking for?
It's simple, search for similar searches at the bottom of the search page and you will find questions related to your article or similar search words that you can add to your article without it being repetitive, you can also search on Koora about similar questions there you will find the details you are looking for.
Bigger content needs bigger format:
Increasing the number of words without formatting the article may lead to the visitor not feeling comfortable at the first sight when entering your article and may close the page quickly, the analyzes and statistics of SEO specialists indicate that the majority of visitors do not read the entire article, but rather check it with their own eyes through titles and images in search of the information they are looking for about her.
Hence, the format of the article is necessary the larger the content, by adding the following things:
- Add sub-headings and sub-headings whenever necessary.
- Create a table of contents that includes the titles and sections of the article.
- Add illustrations whenever possible.
I hope that this simple article has removed the confusion about the concept of the number of words in one article, if you have any questions, put them in the comments.
google seo optimizer
seo one page
sem search engine marketing
search engines crawler
marketing seo sem
ranking page google
wordpress seo google
google sitemap xml
search engine mega