If you own a blog, whether, on Blogger or any other platform, you have certainly noticed some change in how new articles are archived, especially by the Google search engine.
On the other hand, although users confirm that there are no technical problems in their posts, the problem still exists.
Are my articles not really archived?
Before you can be sure that Google is ignoring your articles, you must first make sure that the problem is related to not archiving and not appearing, articles may be archived, but they appear in a very late order so it is difficult to find them.
There are several ways that we can ensure that articles are not archived. We will mention some of them in the following points:
- Using Google Search Console: This is the best way through the URL check tool. This method not only gives you whether the link is archived or not, but it also shows you the cause of the problem, is it related to not crawling or not archiving.
- The second method is to write the following formula in the search box for Google:
Change your_domain with your blog URL, for example, if you have a paid domain, the formula will be:
If it is the default blogger domain, the formula will be:
If you want to test a title for a specific post, just copy the post link and paste it into the Google search box. If the article is archived, it will appear in the search result.
Why are not all articles archived?
Perhaps everyone has noticed that there is selectivity in archiving recently published articles, especially for new blogs, and the reason is due to important, if not radical, updates in the algorithms of crawlers, which were programmed in a way that only allows archiving high-quality content. A Google employee says in a tweet to him on Twitter:
Selective indexing, although it has something to do with storage space, it is very much related to the quality of the content, if we had more free storage space we would focus on the higher quality content, if not we might de-index some things to make room for higher value documents.
How high-quality content is rated:
Google does not usually disclose the content of its algorithms so as not to be circumvented, but at the same time it gives you a set of instructions on how to classify high-quality content, I will mention some of them to you:
- That the article be a source of trust: means either the author of the article is a reliable and well-known person, or a reference is made at the bottom of the article to the sources of information mentioned.
- That the content be unique, original, and valuable: that is, it should not be counterfeit ideas that have been reformulated and filled with words that have no value.
- Is the content a reference to it? This can be translated into the presence of a backlink, and by this we mean to refer to your site in other sites, and here we warn of the danger of a fraudulent backlink or the exchange and purchase of backlinks, as it may lead to burying your site in its cradle.
- Is the article being shared on social media, for example, this is a strong indication of the quality of the content.
- Do you provide a comprehensive description of the topic? This may be an indication of the length of the article and the number of words in it.
What is the solution to the problem of not archiving articles?
If there is no other problem such as the page being blocked by a bot and it has been more than a week since the sitemap was sent to the webmasters, then your post in most cases has not been archived because it is categorized as low-quality content, you will be sure of this when checking the URL you will find that the result was Crawl and not archived.
In this case, you should make a set of improvements around the page by following these instructions:
- Return the post to draft mode.
- Ensure the exclusivity of the article through this site.
- If the images have rights, edit or delete them.
- Change the post title and some subtitles.
- Increasing the number of words is not by filling in, but by adding some details.
- Refer to your post from another post that gets traffic from search engines.
- Share the post link on social media or Koura.
After you have made all the modifications, apply for indexing and then wait for some time, maybe more than a week, and see the result.